Editing Process!

  After filming, we all headed back to my house. This has become our habitual editing location. We all file into my bedroom, Isaac sits on a stool beside me, at my desk, and Amelie and Lilly lay on my bed on their stomachs. We all face my desktop computer screen, which becomes the most important thing for the next 45 minutes. 

I had previously uploaded the videos from our first day of filming to my computer, so all I now had to worry about was the transfer of day #2’s videos. There weren’t as many as the first time, so I was easily able to airdrop from my phone to my computer.

I dragged in all of the videos in the correct order of where titles must go. I added everything in and we were at about 3 minutes of footage. That was when we collectively started to panic. We realized that after cutting everything down to the right length, there would be no way for us to reach 2 minutes. We kept going back and forth on what to prioritize. The integrity of the production and storyline, or the time limit. After a while, we realized we could not pick one over the other. We would just have to go back to film for a third day. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, just annoying. We also realized that at the end of the day, we don’t really need everyone to go.

So, we will probably wind up outlining exactly what we are looking for in the extra footage, and then one or two of us will go to take it. We have already discussed some establishing shots - not of the actual location, but the scenery. Some book shelves, hallways, book spines, etc.

I wrapped up editing with what we had, and we even added in some pre-recorded dialogue from day #1 of filming. It’s an interesting concept, brought about by Isaac. The characters go from having a normal conversation to seemingly losing their minds, speaking in full gibberish to one another. It looks really good as it is now! We just need more footage, and to figure out what music will go in.

Our editing so far!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard - Final Task