Hey again! To finish up filming, we had three more shots to get! Another book, showing “Written by”; the friendship bracelets, showing “Executive producer”; and a phone screen, showing “Music by.” We first took a shot of the book. We had already accounted for all the required shots in our movie, so we had some more freedom with this. We decided to play around with the Dutch angle. We removed some books from the shelf and placed one book, the subject of our shot. We placed it so that it was slanted, and diagonal compared to the top and bottom, horizontal lines of the bookshelf, and the side-to-side, vertical lines of the books. The shot started with the vertical lines vertical, the horizontal lines horizontal, and our book slanted - making it a bit challenging to read the title. As the shot progressed, I rotated the camera so the text on our book spine was legible. The other lines in the shot were now slanted - our book is now the only thing making sense in the shot’s contex...
Hey! So we’ve started to edit the footage for our final project. Even though we still have more filming to do, just so we know where we stand and what else we need to film. As I previously mentioned, I used “cinematic mode” on my iPhone to shoot our videos. While it looks so good, very high quality, this has proven to be an issue. It is extremely hard to export such footage, as it is so high in storage. I tried texting it to myself, emailing it, airdropping it. No technique I could think of seemed to work. I eventually asked my dad for help, and he came up with an idea. I felt kind of silly, it had been staring me right in the face: how to get footage from my phone onto my computer? Simply plug my phone into my computer! Of course! That proved to be extremely effective. I was able to make a folder filled with all of our footage up to this point. Then, I imported each clip into the iMovie app on my computer. This is the third project for this class where I am using iMovie. Each tim...
Hey! Our group has done so much planning and we are finally ready to make moves! The first thing we started with on our final task was music. To start, we all looked through our Spotify playlists, trying to think of anything that would fit our movie. After some time, one of us finally suggested we use the Radiohead song, “Everything in Its Right Place.” It seemed like a perfect fit for our concept. And after talking to my dad about it, that was even more confirmed. The song was written to depict themes of depression, confusion, and trying to find a place in the world. There are very similar themes within our movie! Amelie got to work right away, we found as many people related to Radiohead as possible. We reached out on every platform. This includes email, Instagram, and Twitter. After some waiting time, Amelie was written back! She got a message back from Colin Greenwood’s Instagram account. We couldn’t believe it! He said he would help us get the rights to the song for ou...
Comments
Post a Comment