Music!!!!!

 Wow! We finally solved the problem of finding our music - and we are so so excited!

We were in class the other day, listening to music as per usual. I asked my group if they had any interest in adding a song by Ethel Cain into our movie. I don't think anyone fully registered what I was saying, they were preoccupied, but nonetheless, I went to email Ethel's team. 

On her website, there are helpful links and emails to reach out for all sorts of inquiries. I didn't know exactly which category my question fell under. So, I decided not to chance it, and emailed four different emails at once. I used the template Amelie had created a few months ago, when we were reaching out to other teams. 

Not even an hour later, I received an email back! They told us that we were allowed rights to the song, just so long as we properly credited her and kept the video on YouTube, for educational purposes. 

We were shocked, and overjoyed at the speed and cooperation from Ethel Cain's legal team! 

I was so excited, that the night I found out, I wasted no time. I downloaded the song as an mp3, and put it into our video. I had to cut it and move it back and forth to make sure the climax of the song lined up with the most appropriate part of our movie. 

The next morning, I showed it to my group members. Isaac was so impressed! It really transformed the video. Finally having the audio properly adjusted made it feel so much more real. We are so happy with the results of our sound!

Here's my email interaction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard - Final Task